In addition to ELLIS sites, a European network of top researchers working at locations throughout Europe is being established, organized into ELLIS Programs. These Programs, directed by outstanding European researchers and including leading researchers as Program Fellows, focus on high-impact problem areas that have the potential to move the needle in modern AI.
The ELLIS Programs are inspired by the CIFAR Program model, and closely collaborate with the CIFAR LMB (Learning in Machines and Brains) Program. Each Program has a budget for 2-3 workshops/year to enable meetings of 10-15 Fellows plus guests for intensive scientific exchange. Workshops can be co-located with academic meetings (usually) held in Europe, or organised as stand-alone events, usually at (and with the support of) ELLIS unit sites.
- ELLIS Health
- ELLIS Robot Learning: Closing the Reality Gap!
- Geometric Deep Learning
- Human-centric Machine Learning
- Interactive Learning and Interventional Representations
- Machine Learning and Computer Vision
- Machine Learning for Earth and Climate Sciences
led by Prof. Dr. Markus Reichstein (ELLIS Unit Jena, Director) and Prof. Dr. Gustau Camps-Valls (ELLIS Unit Jena, Associated member)
- Multimodal Learning Systems
- Natural Intelligence
- Natural Language Processing
- Quantum and Physics Based Machine Learning
- Robust Machine Learning
- Semantic, Symbolic and Interpretable Machine Learning
- Theory, Algorithms and Computations of Modern Learning Systems